ACSR Steel Core Bare Aluminum Cable
1350-H19 alloy bare aluminum clad steel reinforced cable, hard drawn, galvanized steel core, ACSR.
- Viakons bare aluminum clad steel reinforced cables with galvanized steel core, ACSR, meet the following specifications:
- NOM-063-SCFI Electrical Products - conductors - safety requirements.
- NMX-J-058 Concentric Lay stranded Aluminum cable and steel core (ACSR).
- ASTM B-232 Concentric Lay Stranded Aluminum Conductors, Coated Steel Reinforced.
- ACSR cables are used for long distance electrical power transmission and overhead primary or secondary distribution lines.
- ACSR cables can also be insulated or semi-insulated when used in wooded areas.
- ACSR cables are concentric lay stranded with galvanized steel core.
- Aluminum alloy 1350-H19 wires, concentrically stranded over a steel core, hard drawn.
- Sizes are 8.367 to 901.9 mm2 (8 AWG to 1590 kcmil).
- Packaged on wood reels.
- The light weight of aluminum, in comparison to coppers weight, reduces the cost of handling, fixtures, posts, etc.
- Galvanized steel core is used to support mechanical tensions.