EPR 69 kV High Tension
Single-conductor cable manufactured with soft copper or hard 1350 alloy aluminum conductor, a semi-conducting shield and ethylene propylene rubber (EPR) insulation, an extruded insulation shield, a metallic copper strand shield plus copper tape, helically applied, and a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) jacket.
- Viakons shielded and jacketed EPR insulated high voltage cables meet the following specifications:
- NMX-J-142 Metal shield power cables, with cross-linked polyethylene or ethylene propylene insulation for 5 to 115 kV.
- AEIC CS8 Specification for extruded insulation power cables and their accessories Rated above 46 kv through 345 kV AC.
- Underground primary distribution networks in areas with an extremely high load density.
- Primary feed and electric energy distribution in industrial plants.
- Maximum operation voltage: 69 000 V.
- Insulation levels from 100% (categories I).
- Maximum operation temperature: 90°C.
- Soft copper or hard 1350 alloy aluminum conductors with tightly applied concentric strands in sizes from 253.4 to 760.1 mm2 (500 to 1500 kcmil).
- Ethylene propylene (EPR) insulation.
- Metal shield is manufactured with copper strands and copper tape helically applied over the strands. The number of strands and the cross sectional area are calculated for each particular installation.
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) jacket with no-flame propagation characteristic.
- Red Jacket.
- Metallic shield:
- - Provides an excellent ground connection, which improves personal safety conditions
- during the operation of the cable.
- - Confines and equalizes the electrostatic field.
- - Protects operating equipment from electrical failures
- Jacket provides additional protection against mal-treatment during its installation and operation.
- Anti-flame jacket makes it resistant to weather, sunlight, and chemical agents.
- Designed for direct burial.
- Excellent electrical and mechanical characteristics.
- Highly flexible due to the EPR insulation.