THW-2-LS / THHW-LS RAD® RoHS Wires and cables
600 V / 90 °C
Soft copper wire or cable with Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) thermoplastic insulation.
- Viakon THW-2-LS / THHW-LS RAD® RoHS wires and cables meet the following specifications:
- NOM-001-SEDE Electric instalations.
- NOM-063-SCFI Electric products- conductors - safety requirements.
- NMX-J-010-ANCE Conductors with Polyvinyl Chloride based thermoplastic insulation, for installations up to 600 V.
- UL 83 Thermoplastic Insulated Wires and Cables.
- Note: For UL approved products, contact our Engineering Department.
- THW-2-LS / THHW-LS RAD® RoHS wires and cables are generally used for low voltage distribution systems and lighting in public and residential buildings, industrial facilities, and recreational and commercial centers.
- The Standard for electric Installation states that they must be used in locations with a high concentration of people.
- Due to their excellent properties, such as: no-flame propagation, low smoke emission and low acid gas content, they are recommended for use in closed areas where large amounts of people congregate, such as in theaters, offices, hospitals, etc.
- Suitable for installation in conduits, ducts or trays.
- Maximum operation voltage: 600 V.
- Maximum operation temperature in the conductor:
- 60°C In the presence of oil.
- 90°C In a wet or dry environment.
- 105°C In an emergency.
- 150°C In a short circuit.
- They are installed without the need to an external lubricant, because their external coating contains the lubricant needed to perform the laying of the cable, with a drawing effort of 50% less than what is normally needed.
- Less drawing effort means less installation time and greater productivity in installation projects.
- Viakon THW-2-LS / THHW-LS RAD® RoHS will easily slide inside the duct, reducing the possibility of causing damages to the insulation as well as increasing the life and reliability of the cable in the operation.
- With Viakon THW-2-LS / THHW-LS RAD® RoHS re-processing is avoided during the installation, because of its highly pre-lubricated coating, the cable runs through the duct or pipes on the very first intent.
- Meet the following tests: fire retardant (NMX-J-093-ANCE), low smoke emission (NMX-J-474-ANCE) and the low acid gas content (NMX-J-472-ANCE).
- Suitable for installation wet or dry locations or in the presence of oil.
- Provide excellent electrical, chemical and mechanical properties.
- Note: The emergency condition is limited to 1500 h accumulated during the cables life, and no more than 100 h in twelve consecutive months. The short circuit condition is based on the specifications of the ICEA P-32-382 standard.
- Manufactured in the following sizes:
- Wires from 2,08 to 8.37 mm2 (14 to 8 AWG).
- Cables from 2,08 to 507 mm2 ( 14 AWG to 1 000 kcmil).
- No-flame propagation, low smoke emission and low acid gas content. Available in various colors and packages.