THWN-2 / THHN RAD® Wires and Cables
600 V / 90 °C
Soft copper wire or cable, with thermoplastic Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) insulation and polyamide (nylon) protective coating.
- Viakon THWN/THHN wires and cables meet the following specifications:
- NOM-063-SCFI Electric products- conductors - safety requirements.
- NMX-J-010-ANCE Conductors with thermoplastic Polyvinyl Chloride based insulation for installations up to 600V.
- UL 83 Thermoplastic Insulated Wires and Cables.
- Note: For UL approved products, contact our Engineering Department.
- THWN/THHN wires and cables are general-use products suitable for low voltage distribution and lighting systems.
- Due to their excellent resistance to oils and chemicals, they are suitable for use in gas stations and refineries.
- Maximum operation voltage: 600 V
- Maximum operation temperature in the conductor:
- 75°C In a wet environment.
- 90°C In a dry or moist environment.
- Manufactured in the following sizes:
- Wires from 2,082 to 5,260 mm2 (14 to 10 AWG)
- Cables from 2,082 to 506,7 mm2 (14 AWG to 1 000 kcmil)
- No-flame propagation.
- Available in various colors and packages.
- Meet the no-flame propagation test FV-2 (NMX-J-192-ANCE).
- Suitable for installation in wet or dry locations.
- High resistance to abrasion from oil and chemical agents, due to the nylon coating.
- Smaller overall diameter and less total weight than THHW-LS cables.
- Offer excellent electrical, physical and chemical characteristics.