Weather Proof Wires and Cables (WP)
600 V / 75 °C
Conductor that can be a half-hard copper wire or cable with High Density Polyethylene (PEAD) thermoplastic isolation in black.
- Viakons Weather Proof Wires and Cables meet the following specifications:
- NOM-063-SCFI Electric products- conductors - safety requirements.
- NMX-054-ANCE Polyethylene isolated wires and cables for low tension weather proof installations.
- ICEA S-95-658 Standard for Nonshielded Power Cable Rated 2000 volts or less for the Distribution of Electrical Energy.
- Weather proof wires and cables are general usage products in low tension electrical power distribution systems
- Maximum operation tension: 600 V.
- Maximum operation temperature in the conductor: 75°C
- Half-hard temper cooper conductor.
- They are manufactured in gages:
- Wire from 3,307 to 33,62 mm2 (12 to 2 AWG ).
- Cable from 8,367 to 107,2 mm2 (8 to 4/0 AWG).
- Black tinted isolation that makes it sunlight resistant.
- Their half-hard temper allows them to support the installation tension and greater wiring lengths.
- Their polyethylene isolation allows them to resist abrasion with tree branches.
- Sunlight and weather resistant.
- Note: These cables are available upon request, in aluminum alloy 1 350 or aluminum cable steel reinforced (ACSR).