XLPE 5 kV Medium Tension
Single-conductor cable manufactured with one soft copper or hard 1350 alloy aluminum conductor, a semi-conducting shield, and black cross-linked polyethylene insulation.
- Viakons non-shielded and non-jacketed medium voltage cables meet the following specification:
- ICEA S-96-659 Standard for non-shielded cables rated 2001-5000 V for use in distribution of electric energy.
- Used for supplying and distributing electrical energy for buildings with substations located on several levels.
- For use in series lighting circuits for airport runways and control systems
- Facilities requiring lightweight and abrasion resistant cables such as bridges, ships, overhead networks and vertical installations.
- Maximum operation voltage: 5000 V.
- Maximum operation temperature: 90°C.
- Soft copper or hard 1350 alloy aluminum conductors in compressed concentric strands and in sizes from 8,367 to 506,7 mm2 (8 AWG to 1000 kcmil).
- Black insulation.
- Cables are lighter than those with shield and jacket.
- Insulation makes them resistant to weather, sunlight and chemical agents.
- Suitable for direct burial.
- Excellent electrical and mechanical characteristics.
- Due to their small diameter and the lack of metal shield these cables can be installed with a smaller bending radius.