XLPE/EPR 5 kV Medium Tension
Single-conductor cable manufactured with one soft copper or hard 1350 alloy aluminum conductor, with semi-conducting shield over the conductor and cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) or Ethylene Propylene Rubber (EPR) insulation and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) jacket.
- Viakons non-shielded and jacketed medium voltage cables meet the following specification:
- ICEA S-96-659 Standard for non-shielded cables rated 2001-5000 V for use in distribution of electric energy.
- Used for supplying and distributing electrical energy for buildings with substations located on several levels.
- For use in series lighting circuits for airport runways and control systems
- Facilities requiring lightweight and abrasion resistant cables such as bridges, ships, overhead networks and vertical installations.
- Maximum operation voltage: 5 000 V.
- Maximum operation temperature: 90°C.
- Soft copper or hard 1350 alloy aluminum conductors in compressed concentric strands and in sizes from 8,367 to 506,7 mm2 (8 AWG to 1000 kcmil).
- The insulation can be cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) or ethylene propylene rubber (EPR)
- The polyvinyl chloride (PVC) jacket has the no-flame propagation characteristic.
- Black jacket.
- Jacket provides additional protection against maltreatment during its installation and operation.
- Can be installed with a smaller bending radius than the shielded cables.
- Their anti-flame jacket makes them resistant to weather, sunlight, and chemical agents.
- Suitable for direct burial.
- Excellent electrical and mechanical characteristics.