XLPE or EPR 5, 8, 15, 25 and 35 kV Medium Tension
Single-conductor cable manufactured with one soft copper or hard 1350 alloy aluminum conductor with semi-conducting shield and cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) or Ethylene Propylene Rubber (EPR) insulation, extruded shield over insulation, metallic copper stranded shield, and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) jacket.
- Viakons shielded and jacketed XLPE or EPR medium voltage cables meet the following specification:
- NMX-J-142 Single Conductor Power Cables from 5 kV to 115 kV.
- Underground primary distribution networks in commercial areas with a very high load density.
- Primary electrical energy supply and distribution in industrial plants.
- Primary distribution networks in residential areas.
- Electrical power supply and distribution for buildings with substations located on different levels.
- Can be installed in conduits and ducts.
- Maximum operation voltage: 5 000, 8 000, 15 000, 25 000 or 35 000 V.
- Insulation levels from 100% to 133% (categories I and II respectively).
- Maximum operation temperature: 90°C.
- Maximum operation temperature in an emergency: 130°C.
- Maximum operation temperature in a short circuit: 250°C.
- Soft copper or hard 1350 alloy aluminum conductors with compressed concentric strands in sizes from 8,367 to 506,7 mm 2 (8 AWG to 1 000 kcmil).
- The insulation can be cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) or ethylene propylene (EPR)
- The metallic shield is manufactured with copper strands size 0,324 mm 2 (22 AWG) that meet the NMX-J-142 and NRF-024-CFE requirements.
- The polyvinyl chloride (PVC) jacket has no-flame propagation characteristic.
- Red jacket.
- Metallic shield:
- Provides an excellent ground connection, which improves personal safety conditions during the operation of the cable.
- Confines and equalizes the electrostatic field.
- Protects operating equipment from electrical failures
- Jacket provides mechanical protection against abrasion and mal-treatment during installation.
- Anti-flame jacket makes them resistant to weather, sunlight, and chemical agents.
- Suitable for direct burial.
- Excellent electrical and mechanical characteristics.
- Can be installed in conduit and ducts.