XLPE DS, 5, 15, 25 and 35 kV type Medium Tension
Single-conductor cable manufactured with one soft copper or hard 1350 alloy aluminum conductor with sealing material, semi-conducting shield and cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) insulation, extruded insulation shield, metallic copper stranded shield and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) jacket.
- Viakons shielded and jacketed XLPE DS type medium voltage cables meet the following specification:
- NRF-024-CFE Single conductor power cables from 5 kV to 35 kV.
- Underground primary distribution networks in commercial areas with a very high load density.
- Primary electrical energy supply and distribution in industrial plants.
- Primary distribution networks in residential areas.
- Electrical power supply and distribution for buildings with substations located on different levels.
- Can be installed in conduits and ducts.
- Maximum operation voltage: 5 000, 15 000, 25 000 or 35 000 V.
- Insulation levels from 100% to 133% (categories I and II respectively).
- Maximum operation temperature: 90°C.
- Maximum operation temperature in an emergency: 130°C.
- Maximum operation temperature in short circuit: 250°C.
- Soft copper or hard 1350 alloy aluminum conductors with tightly applied concentric strands in sizes from 8,367 to 506,7 mm 2 (8 AWG to 1 000 kcmil).
- Cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) insulation.
- No-flame polyvinyl chloride (PVC) jacket.
- Red jacket.
- Can also be manufactured with black polyethylene with 3 red stripes along the cable.
- 1) This product can also be manufactured with blocking elements to keep water away from the metal shield (used in damp or wet environments).
- 2) This products can also be manufactured with tree retardant cross linked polyethylene (TR-XLPE) as insulation.
- Metallic shield:
- Provides an excellent ground connection, which improves personal safety conditions during the operation of the cable.
- Confines and equalizes the electrostatic field.
- Protects operating equipment from electrical failures
- Jacket provides mechanical protection against abrasion and mal-treatment during installation.
- Anti-flame jacket makes it resistant to weather, sunlight, and chemical agents.
- Suitable for direct burial.
- Excellent electrical and mechanical characteristics.
- Low dielectric losses.