XLPE 69, 115 and 138 kV High Tension
69-138 kV / 90 °C
Single-conductor cable manufactured with a soft copper or hard 1350 alloy aluminum conductor, sealing material, a semi-conducting shield over the conductor, and cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) insulation, extruded semi-conducting insulation shield, metallic copper stranded shield and copper tape applied helically, with a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) jacket.
- Viakons shielded and jacketed XLPE high voltage cables meet the following specifications:
- CFE E 0000-17 Power cables for 69 to 138 kV with ethylene propylene (EPR) or cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) insulation.
- AEIC CS7 Specification for Cross Linked Polyethylene Insulated Shielded Power Cables Rated 69 Through 138 kV.
- Underground primary distribution networks in areas with extremely high load density.
- Primary feed and electrical energy distribution in industrial plants.
- Maximum operation voltage:
- 69 000, 115 000 y 138 000 Volt.
- Insulation levels from 100% (categories I).
- Maximum operation temperature: 90°C.
- Maximum operation temperature in an emergency: 130°C.
- Maximum operation temperature in a short circuit: 250°C.
- Soft copper or hard 1350 alloy aluminum conductors with tightly applied concentric strands in sizes from 253,4 to 760,1 mm2 (500 to 1 500 kcmil) for 69 kV and from 380,0 to 760,1 mm2 (750 to 1 500 kcmil) for 115 and 138 kV. Optional compact conductor and/or sizes 800 mm2 (1 600 kcmil) and higher.
- Cross-linked polyethylene (XLPE) insulation.
- Metal shield is manufactured with copper strands and copper tape helically applied over the strands. The number of strands and the cross sectional area are calculated for each particular installation.
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) coating with no-flame propagation characteristic.
- Red Jacket.
- Can also be manufactured with black polyethylene with 3 red strips along the cable.
- Note: This product can be made with blocking elements to keep water away from the metal shield (used in damp or wet environments).
- Metallic shield:
- - Provides an excellent ground connection, which improves personal safety conditions
- during the operation of the cable.
- - Confines and equalizes the electrostatic field.
- - Protects operating equipment from electrical failures
- Jacket provides additional protection against mal-treatment during its installation and operation..
- Their anti-flame jacket makes them resistant to weather, sunlight, and chemical agents.
- Suitable for direct burial.
- Excellent electrical and mechanical characteristics.
- Low dielectric losses.