Flexible Cords SJO and SO Type
600 V / 90 °C
Cord manufactured with two, three or four soft drawn copper conductors with flexible construction, ethylene propylene rubber (EPR) thermosetting individual insulation and color coded (See table 1), filled circular section and chlorinated polyethylene (CPE) thermosetting outer jacket.
- Viakons heavy duty SJO type and extra heavy duty SO type flexible cords meet the following specifications:
- NOM-063-SCFI Electrical products - conductors - safety requirements.
- NMX-J-436-ANCE Heavy and extra heavy duty flexible cords, for up to 600 V.
- UL 62 Flexible cord and Fixture Wire.
- Note: For UL approved products, contact our Engineering Department.
- Heavy duty flexible cords, SJO type, are mainly used to supply energy at low voltage to small engines like those in portable tools found in service shops, vacuums cleaners, office machines, exterior extensions cords, and wherever severe operating conditions exist.
- Extra heavy duty SO type flexible cords, are mainly used to supply energy at low voltage to portable tools found in service shops, battery chargers, polishers, waxing machines, drills, electric saws, etc., and wherever severe operating conditions exist.
- Heavy duty flexible cords, SJO type, can be operated at a maximum voltage of 300 V. Maximum operation temperature is 90°C and are manufactured with class K stranding, in sizes from 0,824 to 5,260 mm2 (18 to 10 AWG).
- Flexible cords for extra heavy duty SO type can be operated at a maximum voltage of 600V. Maximum operation temperature is 90°C and are manufactured with class K stranding, in sizes from 0,824 to 33,62 mm2 (18 to 2 AWG).
- No-flame propagation characteristic.
- Chlorinated polyethylene thermosetting jacket (CPE) is resistant to mechanical maltreatment (tear and abrasion), oils, acids and alkalis.
- Black jacket.
- Soft copper conductors for easy handling and installation, having higher flexibility during the operation.
- Highly resistant to abrasion, oil, grease, chemical solvents, ozone, and moisture.
- Meet the Flame propagation test FV-2 (NMX-J-192).
- Can be installed in moist or dry locations.
- Excellent electrical, physical and mechanical properties.