The magnet wire, FORMACON®, is made with enamel from a modified polyvinyl formal resin. The enamel film is applied on the wire by passing it through controlled dimension die and curing it in special furnaces in a continuous process. Due to strict control, the result is a product of excellent quality. The FORMACON® wire is manufactured in two insulation thicknesses: single and double.
FORMACON® magnet wire is recommended for use in electrical equipment with a maximum operating temperature of 120°C.
- It meets the following requirements:
- NMX-J-072, NMX-J-475
- ANSI/NEMA MW 1000, section MW 15-C.
- Regulator coils
- Claxon coils
- Coil for black and white TV yokes
- Different types of coils for radio frequency, horizontal output transformers (Fly Back) and Inductors (Choke).
- SPECIAL TRANSFORMERS
- Measuring Coils
- Small transformers, electrical devices, controls.
- DISTRIBUTION TRANSFORMERS
- Dry and oil
- LOW POWER AND FRACTIONAL HORSEPOWER MOTORS
- Wound Starter Motors
- Note: Also available is FORMACON®- H (for hermetic applications), which has an excellent resistance to freon 22, due to the low content of extractable solvents, which means that FH-105 can be used in practically all types of hermetic motocompressors used for refrigeration.
- Offers an excellent flexibility and great resistance to abrasion.
- Supports high winding speeds.
- Has a very high dielectric rigidity.
- Has excellent resistance to thermal shock.
- Is compatible with a wide variety of varnishes, waxes and impregnation compounds.
- Insulation thickness can be increased without affecting the properties of the wire.
- Excellent for use in oil transformers.