Cable G Rounded Type, 2 kV
Multiple conductor cable manufactured with three soft drawn tinned copper conductors, flexible construction, thermosetting ethylene propylene rubber, individual insulation (EPR), and color coded (black, white and red), They have three bare soft drawn tinned copper neutral conductors, filled circular section, and thermosetting chlorinated polyethylene (CPE) outer jacket.
- Viakons mining cables, G rounded type, meet the following specifications:
- ICEA S-75-381 Portable and power feeder cables for use in mines and similar applications (portable cables for mines).
- Mining cables, G round type, are used to feed dragging equipment or electric locomotives, where the cable is subject to constant flexing and rolling.
- In movable installations where a neutral ground check conductor is required.
- Maximum operation voltage: 2000 V.
- Maximum operation temperature: 90°C.
- Soft drawn tinned copper conductors, flexible construction in sizes from 8,37 to 253, 4 mm2 (8 AWG to 500 kcmil).
- Ethylene propylene rubber insulation (EPR) contributes to the cables flexibility.
- Textile reinforcement jacket gives the cable a higher mechanical resistance.
- Chlorinated polyethylene heavy duty or extra heavy duty outer jacket (CPE) is resistant to mechanical maltreatment (tear and abrasion), oil, acids and alkalis.
- No flame propagation characteristic.
- Black outer jacket.
- Manufactured with 2 and 4 conductors as an option.
- Conductors are soft drawn tinned copper wires for easy handling and installation due to their flexibility.
- Thermosetting insulation provides a higher thermal stability.
- Meet the no-flame propagation test (NMX-J-192).
- Can be installed in wet locations. The heavy duty or extra heavy duty outer jacket duty supports heavy mining work.
- This product was awarded the MSHA certification (CFR Title 30 Federal Regulations). Number 7K-228054.
- This is a UL approved product as Multiple Cord G Type.